Sleights Churchfield Surgery
MANAGE APPOINTMENTS ONLINE
Please call the relevant surgery to make appointments with our GPs, Nurse Practitioner or Nursing Team. You can book your appointment online at a time convenient to you. If you are not registered for this service, please ask a receptionist who will be pleased to help.
The Practice is committed to patients being able to make appropriate appointments when needed. Over time, more patients are requesting an increased number of appointments and we have been looking at how we can accommodate this.
- Please help us to help you by thinking about the following when you need advice or an appointment: When making an appointment consider whether you need to see a doctor, nurse practitioner, practice nurse or a healthcare assistant. Please discuss with the receptionist if you’re not sure.
- You can request a telephone appointment if you think that a face-to face appointment is not needed – for example, for a test result or to discuss a medical certificate. The doctor would ring you at home on or around the booked appointment time. Please discuss with the receptionist if you’re not sure if a telephone appointment is appropriate.
- Normal appointments are 15 minutes long. If you feel you need more than 15 minutes please request a double appointment (i.e 30 minutes). Longer appointments may also be made. Please discuss with the receptionist.
Booking and cancelling appointments
Appointments are pre-bookable either at reception on the telephone or online. To book online you will need a Patient Access account.
Patients will be offered the next available appointment with the GP of choice. If no preference is given the next free appointment will be offered. Please inform the receptionist if an urgent appointment is required.If you are unable to attend, or no longer require a pre booked appointment please make sure you contact us to cancel so we can make it available for other patients.
Introducing care navigation
Helping you get the right care, in the most appropriate place, first time.
When you next request an appointment the receptionist may ask you some brief details about the problem you are concerned about.
Please don’t be offended. You do not have to share this information if you would prefer not to. However, it may help us to direct you to the most appropriate professional to help you with your problem, whether that is one of our GPs, Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Clinical Pharmacist, Nursing Team or another professional such as:
- First Contact Physiotherapy
- Pregnancy Advisory Services
- Better Access Service
- Living Well
- North Yorkshire Horizons
Education and training
Medical students and student nurses are occasionally attached to the practice. The receptionist will inform you if a student is present with the doctor/nurse. If you would prefer to be seen without a student present please advise the receptionist or the clinician you are going to be seeing.
Wherever possible we prefer to see patient in the surgery but if a home visit is necessary requests should be made before 10.30am. Please note that if you live out of the practice area then you will not be able to have a home visit. If you are unsure of whether you are in the practice area or not then please see the home page and click the ‘practice boundary’ link.
Text appointments and reminders
You can sign up for text appointments and reminders to your mobile phone. You will get an initial text with your appointment details on, then another reminder text a day before your appointment. If you would like to sign up for text reminders please call the surgery or ask at the reception desk.